Terms and Conditions for the VC 150 Memories Photo Project
- Introduction: The VC 150 Memories project is a community photo archive project that invites residents of Ventura County to share their favorite memories and experiences of the county.
- Eligibility: The project is open to all residents, past and present, of Ventura County.
- Photo Submission: Participants may submit up to five (5) photos to the project. Each photo must be the original work of the participant and must not infringe on the rights of any other person or entity. Participants must provide a brief description of each photo and must use the relevant tags provided by the project to categorize and describe the photo.
- Inappropriate Photos Will Be Removed. The project organizers and the County of Ventura reserve the right to remove any photo, description, or other content submitted that is not consistent with the purpose of the project, or that is vulgar, obscene, inappropriate, or that violates any federal, state or local law or regulation.
- Use of Photos: By submitting a photo to the VC 150 Memories project, participants grant the project organizers, including the County of Ventura and the Museum of Ventura County, the non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, modify, publish, display, distribute, and otherwise exploit the photo for any purpose, including but not limited to promoting the project and Ventura County and public display of the content. Participants represent and warrant that they have obtained all necessary permissions from any persons appearing in the photos to allow the project to use the photos as described in these Terms and Conditions.
- Intellectual Property: Participants retain ownership of the intellectual property rights in their photos. However, by submitting a photo to the project, participants grant the project organizers the right to use the photos as described in these Terms and Conditions.
- Disclaimer: Neither project organizers, nor the County of Ventura, endorse or guarantee the accuracy of any photos or descriptions submitted by participants. The project organizers and County of Ventura are not responsible for any errors or omissions in the photos or descriptions submitted by participants.
- Limitation of Liability: Neither the project organizers, nor the County of Ventura, shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the VC 150 Memories project, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses.
- No Endorsements: The photos or descriptions uploaded to this project do not reflect the opinions of the project organizers or the County of Ventura, or its elected officials and/or employees. Descriptions may not be reproduced for the purpose of stating or implying the project organizers’ or County of Ventura’s endorsement or approval of any viewpoint, product, service, entity, or organization. Any references on this site to commercial entities, products, services, or other non-governmental organizations or individuals are provided solely for informational. Such references do not constitute an official endorsement of any product, person, or service.
- Governing Law; Venue: These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. Venue for any dispute shall be the Ventura County Superior Court.
- Changes to Terms and Conditions: The project organizers reserve the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. Participants are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms and Conditions and are bound by any changes made by the project
By participating in the VC 150 Memories project, participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you cannot participate in the project.